Thanks for helping us celebrate!
From left Keith Burwell-President/CEO at the Greater Toledo Community Foundation with Innovation and Excellence Award winners Dianne Barndt-Executive Director of The Victory Center, Aimee Arent-Executive Director of Friends of Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Jori Jex-Executive director of the Valentine Theatre, and Jim Jengle-Board Chair of the Valentine Theatre, along with Kurt Franck, President/General Manager & Executive Editor of The Blade.
Local nonprofit organizations nominated themselves for these awards, and winners were chosen by a committee comprised of sponsor representatives and a past recipient of the awards. Winners receive a one-of-a-kind glass award, $5,000 in unrestricted grant money from Greater Toledo Community Foundation and $1,000 in unrestricted grant money from The Andersons, plus a half-page ad in The Blade.
About the Awards
The Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards were designed to honor and recognize outstanding nonprofit organizations and their achievements in our community.
Awards are given to three nonprofit organizations, one in each of the following categories:
Nonprofit Innovation Award
Nonprofit Excellence Award – Small Organization (Budget under $500,000)
Nonprofit Excellence Award – Large Organization (Budget over $500,000)
One organization in attendance at the virtual ceremony was chosen to win a $1,500 unrestricted grant. The winner of that drawing is the Dyslexia Education Training Center.
All Award Recipients will receive:
- The honor and distinction of being recognized as a leader among northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan’s nonprofits;
- A one-of-a-kind glass art award engraved with the organization’s name;
- An unrestricted grant from Greater Toledo Community Foundation in the amount of $5,000;
- An unrestricted grant in the amount of $1,000 from The Andersons;
- A half-page ad in The Blade; and
- A feature article highlighting the winning organizations in Greater Toledo Community Foundation’s newsletter, and sharing of award winners via The Center for Nonprofit Resources’ e-newsletter and website.