Thanks for helping us celebrate!
Local nonprofit organizations nominated themselves for these awards, and winners were chosen by a committee comprised of sponsor representatives and a past recipient of the awards. Winners receive a one-of-a-kind glass award, $5,000 in unrestricted grant money from Greater Toledo Community Foundation and $1,000 in unrestricted grant money from The Andersons, plus a half-page ad in The Blade.
About the Awards
The Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards were designed to honor and recognize outstanding nonprofit organizations and their achievements in our community.
Awards are given to three nonprofit organizations, one in each of the following categories:
Nonprofit Innovation Award
Nonprofit Excellence Award – Small Organization (Budget under $500,000)
Nonprofit Excellence Award – Large Organization (Budget over $500,000)
All Award Recipients will receive:
- The honor and distinction of being recognized as a leader among northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan’s nonprofits;
- A one-of-a-kind glass art award engraved with the organization’s name;
- An unrestricted grant from Greater Toledo Community Foundation in the amount of $5,000;
- An unrestricted grant in the amount of $1,000 from The Andersons;
- A half-page ad in The Blade; and
- A feature article highlighting the winning organizations in Greater Toledo Community Foundation’s newsletter, and sharing of award winners via The Center for Nonprofit Resources’ e-newsletter and website.
As part of our celebration for the 10th Anniversary of the Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards, we asked each past winner “How has this award impacted your organization?”. Here is what past recipients had to share. Check back each week to hear what other past recipients had to say.
SPECIAL 10TH ANNIVERSARY GRANTS
In addition to 2020 Award Recipients, there will be a special drawing to celebrate our 10th Anniversary for two additional grants – one in the amount of $10,000 and one in the amount of $5,000 – from among all of the past recipients (2011-2020) of the Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards.
To see all past recipients, click here.