YMCA of Greater Toledo Job Posting
Title: Wellness Director
Branch: Wayman Palmer YMCA
Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $38,000 – $48,000
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you’ll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There’s our fun, challenging work environment. There’s the awesome team and supportive organization. You’ll find that everyone in YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive…we’re not just saying it. You’ll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Wellness Director, is responsible for member recruitment, retention, and community engagement. Responsibilities entail participating in membership campaigns, member events and community and member relationship building. The Wellness Director will also be responsible for ensuring a quality experience for all members and participants.
Bachelor of Science in exercise science/exercise physiology or related field preferred. Ability to work varying hours such as early mornings, evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Implement evidence-based healthy living programs, such as: Healthy Weight & Your Child, YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program, Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring, and Weight Loss Program.
- Helping members identify and achieve fitness/wellness goals.
- Develop a network of organizations outside of the Y to help members in achieving their fitness/wellness goals.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of group exercise classes that are of interest to members & community.
- Recruit, schedule and lead member personal training sessions.
- Measure impact through the timely collection of data & sharing of outcomes.
- Maintain or arrange the maintenance of fitness areas and equipment.
- Actively participate in required trainings including any necessary YMCA trainings and those required by Peloton.
- Ensures that all required program outcomes are achieved within the designated timeframes.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings including meetings with key partners, staff meetings and association-wide meetings and events.
- Interact closely with the membership team at the branch and association-wide.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with community members and program participants; helping them find meaningful connection to the YMCA.
- Understands and fully implements the Y-Improvement model at his/her branch.
- Tour potential members and program participants.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
- Establish relationships with culturally diverse and multi-generational members and participants.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate clearly to all children, parents, members and company personnel. Ability to attend all trainings and meetings as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours. Present a clean, well-groomed appearance. Ability to run, walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time. Occasionally must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Frequently may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA’s excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Minority applicants encouraged to apply.
Interested persons should send their resume electronically by December 31, 2021 to Debbie Frison at firstname.lastname@example.org