Job Title: Annual Campaign Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
Employment Status: Full-Time
Submit Application to https://www.toledomuseum.org/jobs-internships
Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
Plans, directs, and implements effective fund-raising efforts for the Museum’s membership and annual giving programs. Qualifies, cultivates, and solicits President’s Council, Director’s Circle, and Founder’s Circle memberships, which start at the $1,500 level. Responsibilities include oversight of direct mail, email, and website for these membership groups as well as developing and overseeing member events. Ensures coordination of membership giving, recognition, and fulfillment of member benefits.
- Plans, directs, and implements effective fund-raising efforts for TMA’s membership and annual giving programs.
- Develops and implements key strategies to grow the membership base and revenue to include achieving high retention, upgrades among renewing members, and significant new acquisitions.
- Engages in qualification, cultivation, and solicitation visits with higher-level members to meet or exceed goals as set in conjunction with overall annual development goals.
- Supervises the Membership Coordinator who coordinates the Museum’s General Membership program.
- Assists Development Officers, Senior Management Team, Executive Team, and other TMA staff in cultivating and managing key relationships with high-level members.
- Engages members in person, over the phone, and through other forms of communication to foster and encourage relationships.
- Establishes overall strategy and the annual calendar of membership events and programs, as well as annual giving efforts, such as Giving Tuesday.
- Manages and administers processes, systems and timeline for membership mailings and email communications, including acquisitions, renewals, upgrades, and general communications.
- Coordinates membership materials and communications for print, onsite, and online distribution including thank you letters, renewals, brochures, web content, e-blasts, appeals, and through contribution to TMA’s membership magazine, social media, and other correspondence.
- Works with Development Services team to ensure that membership materials and acknowledgment letters are sent in a timely manner and on a consistent basis.
- Works with Development Services to develop analytical and tracking reports to monitor the success of membership campaigns; develop and generate monthly and yearly membership reports and updates to monitor performance against objectives.
- Participates in membership and development events and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Supervises the Membership Coordinator.
- Works as member of Development team and closely with the Director of Development, Development Services Manager, and Development Officers.
- Works with TMA colleagues, especially in Marketing, Events, and Visitor Engagement.
- Meets and interacts regularly with members and potential donors to build relationships and ensure customer satisfaction. Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate annual goals.
- Works closely with the Development Services Manager and Development Officers, as well as with Visitor Engagement, Marketing, Events, and other revenue generating teams to ensure coordination of membership giving, recognition, and fulfillment of member benefits.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABLILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years experience in professional non-profit fund raising, building relationships and promoting annual giving. Related management or sales experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with Toledo area philanthropy, particularly non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM is preferred; ability to utilize Microsoft Office.
- Personal interest in or previous experience with art and/or cultural philanthropy preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work both individually and in a collaborative team environment. Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experienced/comfortable interacting with the public to promote the organization and communication organizational messages, especially with members, donors, and visitors.
- Must be organized, able to handle multiple projects within tight time constraints.
- Must show initiative and be able to take on a variety of tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to research, collect, organize and analyze data.
- Acts with integrity and maintains confidentiality in all matters, at all times.
The person in this position frequently attends campaign and development events inside and outside of TMA, with non-standard, often extended work hours, weekends and occasional overnight travel. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as copy machine, printer and phone system.
The Toledo Museum of Art provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Museum is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.