Intervention Specialist/Director of Learning Support Services
St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy is in search of a full-time Intervention Specialist/Director of Learning Support Services. St. John’s is an all-boys Catholic school in the Jesuit tradition that assists in the formation of approximately 750 boys from grades 6-12. Employees must act in a way to aid in the formation of Men for Others through the Graduate at Graduation; loving, open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, and committed to doing justice. Qualified candidates must have an Intervention Specialist Licensure and a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience with students experiencing learning and/or behavioral difficulties. Candidates must possess an understanding of IDEA and Section 504 of ADA and JPSNS laws. To learn more about the A+ Learning Center at St. John’s, please visit https://sjjtitans.org/academics/learning_center.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the completion of all documents and reports required by the Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship and ensure school compliance.
- Provide specialized instruction for IEP students.
- Coordinate and communicate with school districts and agencies to develop and maintain IEPs, ETRs.
- Conduct progress monitoring on IEPs.
- Coordinate and communicate with school districts and agencies to develop and maintain SPs, 504s and MAPs.
- Recruit, hire, and train the Coordinator of the A+ Learning Center.
- Recruit, hire and train tutors and paraprofessionals to staff the A+ Learning Center.
- Conference with potential new students and their families on learning support services.
- Coordinate with marketing to promote all A+ services.
Interested candidates please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Katie Sliwinski at email@example.com. Employee benefits include paid sick time, matching retirement contributions, tuition assistance for children (boys) of employees to attend St. John’s, and health, dental and vision insurance.