Job Title: Nurse Manager
Reports to: Medical Director & Executive Director
Position location: Bowling Green, Ohio
Classification: Part-time (20 hours weekly)
Department: Medical Clinic
Function: The nurse manager oversees the provision of patient care and medical services operations and performs some client/patient care. All duties and responsibilities are performed in support of the Bowling Green Pregnancy Centers’ mission, vision, and statement of faith.
- Wholeheartedly supports and expresses full agreement with the mission and vision of Bowling Green Pregnancy Center.
- Two years nursing experience required. Two years of experience in a pregnancy center and/or nurse managerial experience strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills to provide training and education and work cooperatively with volunteers, employees and clients.
- Good oral and written communication skills to relate to all constituencies including volunteers, employees and clients.
- Possesses good judgment and integrity.
- Attention to detail and ability to provide appropriate documentation.
- Good administrative and organizational skills for overseeing daily medical center operations.
- Basic knowledge of PC and willingness to learn appropriate applications required. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Complies with the policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Holds a current Registered Nurse’s License in good standing with the State Medical Board and functions in accordance with the licensing board in his/her state.
- Treats patients and clients with respect, grace, love and professionalism regardless of the client’s or patient’s decision regarding her pregnancy.
The nurse manager provides support and care to the clients and maintains professional standards of care, following ANA Code of Ethics. Under the general supervision of the Medical Director and Executive Director, the Nurse Manager is responsible for immediate supervision of a wide variety of clinic functions, planning and performing direct and indirect nursing interventions. The Nurse Manager is responsible for supervising, organizing, planning, assessing and monitoring the medical services provided by the Bowling Green Pregnancy Center. The Nurse Manager also works in conjunction with physicians, nurses and client advocates to assure that patients are receiving the best medical, nursing, and psycho-social care possible. Performs limited obstetrical ultrasounds and pregnancy tests.
Supervises: Immediate supervision of clinic functions and monitors medical services.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and updates clinic policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of nursing methods, principles and practices in relation to the prevention and treatment of disease, safety and infection control, clinical systems, supplies and equipment.
- Assures compliance with infection control guidelines.
- Assures compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains clinical staff personnel records.
- Ensures that medical equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Organizes, directs, supervises, and evaluates professional and ancillary personnel.
- Oversees nursing services in clinic.
- Provides nursing care: assesses patient needs and makes nursing judgments that reflect safe nursing practices.
- Reviews patient records and maintains accurate records, care-plans and follow-through on physician’s orders.
- Insures that the center’s intake form, all applicable consents, and all applicable releases are signed before services are rendered.
- Assures accurate implementation of physician’s orders and advises physicians of patient’s progress and changes in condition.
- Provides education for patient and family to develop an understanding of the patient’s health condition.
- Oversees patient follow-up per patient care-plan and standardization procedures.
- Performs limited obstetrical ultrasounds.
- Oversees performance of pregnancy tests.
- Records patient’s medical history, allergies, weight, and vital signs in the record. Places Physician’s Order and Exam Report in the record.
- Meets with the patient after the exam for pregnancy consultation, education, and referrals.
- Recruits qualified medical team volunteers to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Oversees training and orientation of the clinic medical team volunteers.
- Participates in establishing and conducting in-service meetings.
- Conducts medical team conferences and discussion in evaluating the clinic services, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Represents the clinic in the community as delegated by the Medical Director and Executive Director.
- Maintains professional license.
- Increases knowledge of management, obstetrical and gynecological care and women’s health issues.
- Complies with state and professional continuing education requirements. Annual renewal of CPR certification.
- The above describes the general nature of the job and is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.
Please respond by submitting cover letter, resume, the names of three professional references, by April 6, 2020, to Shelly Burkhart, Executive Director email@example.com.