Heartbeat of Toledo is a life-affirming organization whose mission is to be the best source of information and support to women facing pregnancies and to help moms, dads and babies in need. We were the 1st Pregnancy Center established in the United States, serving women and their families for 49yrs.
We are looking to add 2 Social Workers to our team, one for each of our locations:
Heartbeat of Toledo (West) at 4041 W. Sylvania, Suite LL4, Toledo, OH 43623
Heartbeat Toledo (East) at 101 Main St., Suite 2, Toledo, OH 43605
The position in our West Toledo office is full time, 40/hrs., week. The position in our East Toledo location is currently 24hrs./week, with a possibility of the position becoming full time. Both are Monday-Friday.
Job Summary: Our Heart to Heart program is a pregnancy and parenting education program. Parents or guardians come in every month to take classes, earn points, and spend points on baby items.
Heartbeat is looking for an upbeat, friendly individual who enjoys working with pregnancy women and their families. The primary duties of the Parent Educator will be to facilitate our pregnancy and parenting group classes. Building a connection with those we serve, he/she will advocate and refer to appropriate community resources based on the needs of the family. This person will also work alongside our volunteer community mentors.
1) In full agreement with Mission and Vision statement of Heartbeat of Toledo
2) Licensed Social Worker in Ohio (will consider a recent graduate, awaiting testing)
3) Highly organized, able to multi-task with strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people, quickly
4) Respects client and donor confidentiality
6) Some level of experience working with pregnant women and families. A strong knowledge of local resources is highly desired.
Sent cover letter to include LOCATION you are applying for and salary requirements, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the LOCATION you are applying for, in the subject area of the email.