Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: ReStore Assistant Manager
Employment Status: Full-Time/Part-Time Hourly
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour
Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Maumee, Ohio is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
The ReStore Associate is responsible for day-to-day type retail related responsibilities and operations such as unloading donations, loading purchases, merchandising, pricing and customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in all daily floor operations of the store
- Merchandising – Assist staff and volunteers to prepare appropriate space for incoming items. Facilitate the logical and attractive display of merchandise. Help facilitate in-store marketing of our ReStore brand
- Customer Service/Volunteer Resource – Job will include answering questions, providing supervision of volunteers, assisting with merchandise, clarifying policies, answering phones, greeting customers
- Cashier assistance – Bagging, facilitating checkout, covering cashier absences
- Safety – Ensure that all areas of the ReStore, restroom and warehouse are clean and safe
- Pricing – facilitate pricing and flow of items from donation to sales floor to ensure appropriate turnover
- Work in partnership with affiliate and staff to recruit, train and engage volunteers in meaningful ways
- Provide direction and supervision for ReStore volunteers as needed
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned Executive Director, Associate Executive Director or ReStore Manager
Qualifications, Certifications and Skills
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in related area.
- Interacts effectively with a variety of partners – homeowners, partner families, sponsors, donors, staff, the Board of Trustees, and the general public.
- Experience in supervising and leading employees and volunteers, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills especially with volunteers and customers
- Experience in retail environment and knowledge of building materials preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently, lead groups and develop people.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds, stand, squat, bend, and climb in/out of truck on a regular basis
- General computer skills such Microsoft Word and email.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification required (training provided, if necessary).
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured under Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity’s auto insurance
- Must pass background check including criminal records and sex offender registry prior to offer of employment.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, and other Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity staff.
- Must have commitment to the Habitat mission and uphold its values and ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location where we operate. Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity encourages applicants of all ages.”
By signing below, I am stating that I understand the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Employee’s Signature_______________________________________________________________ Date _____________________